Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong-born Chinese stuntman, actor, and director whose perilous acrobatic stunts and engaging physical humor made him an action-film star in Asia and helped to bring kung fu movies into the mainstream of American cinema. Here are some interesting facts about him:
1. Jackie Chan was born on April 7, 1954, in Hong Kong.
2. His parents left him behind in Hong Kong when he was just seven years old.
3. He started his career as a stuntman in Bruce Lee’s films.
4. He has acted in over 150 films.
5. He is also a singer and has released over 20 albums.
6. He has been awarded the Guinness World Record for “Most Stunts Performed by a Living Actor”.
7. He is also a philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to charity.
8. Jackie Chan is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, English, German, Korean, Japanese, Spanish and Thai.
9. He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
10. Jackie Chan was awarded an honorary Oscar at the 2016 Governors Awards for his extraordinary achievements in film.
11. He has broken almost every bone in his body while performing stunts.
12. Jackie Chan is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
13. He has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Asian Film Awards Academy.
14. Jackie Chan is also a trained opera singer and has performed many of his own stunts in his films.
15. He has worked with many famous actors such as Chris Tucker, Jet Li, Owen Wilson and many more.
16. Jackie Chan’s favorite color is blue.
17. He is also a big fan of pandas and has adopted two pandas from the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in China.
18. Jackie Chan’s favorite food is Hainanese chicken rice.
19. He was awarded the title “Datuk” by the Malaysian government in 2009 for his contributions to the film industry.
20. Jackie Chan is married to Joan Lin and they have one son together named Jaycee Chan.
Jackie Chan’s Philanthropy Work
Jackie Chan is a well-known philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to charity. He established the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation in 1988 and has worked tirelessly for dozens of philanthropic organizations both at home and abroad. He is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. Some of the organizations he has supported include the Red Cross, UNICEF, and the Community Chest of Hong Kong. In 2004, he donated $64 million to build the Jackie Chan Science Centre at the Australian National University. He has also donated money to help victims of natural disasters such as the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
Jackie Chan’s Famous Movies
Jackie Chan has starred in many movies throughout his career. Some of his most famous movies include:
– Rumble in the Bronx (1995)
– Jackie Chan’s First Strike (1996)
– Police Story (1985)
– Drunken Master (1978)
– The Foreigner (2017)
– Crime Story (1993)
– The Legend Of Drunken Master (1994)
– Shanghai Noon (2000)
– Rush Hour 1,2,3 (1988,2001,2007)