Top 10 Beatboxers of All Time
- Rahzel Manely Brown – The undisputed godfather of beatboxing, Rahzel is known for his ability to create realistic sound effects, imitate instruments and rap at the same time. He was a member of the hip hop group The Roots and has collaborated with many artists such as Björk, Erykah Badu and Mike Patton.
- Hikakin – The most famous beatboxer from Japan, Hikakin rose to fame through his YouTube videos where he showcases his incredible skills and creativity. He can mimic various genres of music, from dubstep to classical, and has performed with celebrities such as Ariana Grande, Skrillex and Ne-Yo.
- Kevin Olusola – The beatboxing member of the Grammy-winning a cappella group Pentatonix, Kevin Olusola combines his vocal percussion with his classical training in cello and saxophone. He has also released solo albums and videos where he showcases his unique style of “celloboxing”.
- Tom Thum – The Australian wonderboy, Tom Thum is known for his versatility and range of sounds. He can imitate anything from a trumpet to a didgeridoo, and has amazed audiences around the world with his solo shows and TEDx talk. He holds the Guinness World Record for the most vocal sounds produced in one minute.
- Daichi – Another Japanese sensation, Daichi is a self-taught beatboxer who started uploading videos on YouTube when he was 18. He has since gained millions of fans and views with his impressive performances and tutorials. He can create complex rhythms and melodies with ease and precision.
- Reeps One – The British champion, Reeps One is a pioneer of experimental beatboxing and vocal art. He is known for his innovative techniques such as polyphonic overtone singing, inward bass and dubstep wobbles. He has also explored the science and art of beatboxing through research projects and exhibitions.
- Beardyman – The master of live looping, Beardyman is a musical genius who can create entire songs on the spot using only his voice and a loop station. He can switch between genres and styles effortlessly, and has performed at festivals such as Glastonbury, Coachella and SXSW.
- KRNFX – The Canadian powerhouse, KRNFX is a force to be reckoned with in the beatbox scene. He has won multiple championships and battles, and has collaborated with artists such as Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Pentatonix. He is known for his powerful bass, sharp cuts and musicality.
- Alem – The French prodigy, Alem is one of the most technically advanced beatboxers in the world. He has a flawless flow, speed and control over his sounds, and can create intricate patterns and beats with ease. He is the current solo world champion and a member of the team world champions Berywam.
- Adam Rupp – The American phenomenon, Adam Rupp is the founder and beatboxer of the country a cappella group Home Free. He can create realistic drum sounds, percussion effects and harmonies with his voice, and has amazed audiences with his solo performances. He is also a talented singer and arranger.