1. It provides moisture to the body. If you are too busy to drink enough water, eat cold cucumbers. Cucumbers are 90% water.
2. Cools the heat inside and outside the body. Eating cucumbers cools the body’s heat. Putting cucumbers on the skin cools the body from the scorching sunlight.
3. Removes toxins. The moisture of cucumbers sweeps away the debris from the body. Eating cucumbers on a regular basis is known to dissolve kidney stones.
4. Provides daily recommended vitamins. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins our body needs in a day. It contains vitamins A, B, and C that activate the immune system, giving the body energy and vitality.
5. It supplies good minerals to the skin. Cucumber contains a lot of potassium, magnesium and silicon, so it is good for skin care.
6. Helps digestion and weight loss. Being low in calories and high in water, cucumbers are perfect for anyone looking to lose weight.
Eating cucumbers helps with jaw movement, and the fiber aids in digestion and eliminates chronic constipation.
7. Revitalize your eyes. Putting cold cucumbers on your eyes is oversight, but because of the anti-inflammatory properties of cucumbers, it reduces sagging and puffiness under the eyes.
8. It has anticancer effect. Cucumbers contain lignans such as secoisolariciresinol, laricyresinol, and pinoresinol, which lower the risk of ovarian, breast, prostate and uterine cancers.
9. Treats diabetes, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. The sterol component of cucumber lowers cholesterol and contains a lot of fiber, potassium and magnesium, so it is good for high blood pressure as well as low blood pressure.
10. Good for the oral cavity. Cucumber juice heals and cools diseased gums. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and press your tongue against the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds, and the chemicals in the cucumber will kill the bacteria in your mouth and get rid of bad breath.
11. Softens hair, nails and toenails. The miraculous mineral ‘silicon dioxide’ in cucumbers makes hair, nails and toenails shiny and strong, and promotes hair growth.
12. Promotes bone health, relieves pain from arthritis and gout. When mixed with carrot juice, cucumber relieves gout and arthritis pains by lowering uric acid levels.
13. Good for Hangovers Cucumbers contain large amounts of B vitamins, sugars and electrolytes, so they replenish essential nutrients and relieve hangovers and headaches.
14. Keeps your kidneys healthy. Cucumber lowers the uric acid level in the body, thus keeping the kidneys healthy.