Healthy and shiny hair is something that everyone desires. And, why not since beautiful hair defines our face and gives a boost to our look. But having healthy hair and maintaining it is not devoid of challenges. Everyone faces problems like hair fall, split ends, dryness, or dullness and are always on the lookout to combat such challenges which will help to maintain healthy hair.
So, here we present 10 best tips for healthy hair:
- Maintain a healthy scalp for healthier hair: Dryness, itchiness of the scalp or a flaky scalp indicates that it needs special care. A healthy scalp will ensure that you have healthy hair. Choose the right shampoo to keep your scalp clean and healthy.
- Choose the right hair care products: A wide array of hair care products are available. But, most of these products are loaded with chemicals, which will harm your hair in the long run. So, be sure to check the ingredients of the products before you buy them.
- Conditioning your hair is important: Conditioners play an important role in the hair care routine. Post shampooing, conditioners hydrate your hair and scalp. So, when it comes to maintaining healthy hair, it is essential that you don’t skip this step.
- Deep nourishing will improve the health of your hair: Nourishing the hair is important as proper hydration will enhance the luster and give you healthy-looking hair. Pamper yourself with a nice hair mask that will deeply nourish your hair and make it even shinier.
- Brush your hair is before shower: Wet hair is more prone to breakage so, it brushing your hair is best-avoided post-shower. Detangle your hair before you take a shower. This also ensures that the natural oils from your scalp are distributed evenly to till the tip of your hair. This further enhances the shine of your hair.
- Don’t use too hot water on your scalp: Hot water can irritate your scalp and weaken your hair, leading to hair damage as well as hair loss. So, it is best to use warm water and at the end of your shower, use cold water to rinse your hair. This will help to seal the cuticles and will give a shiny look to your hair.
- Protect your hair from the harmful UV rays: The harmful UV rays not just affect our skin but our hair too. So, just like you apply sunscreen creams or lotions to protect your skin, you should use leave-in conditioners, which will protect your hair from the harmful sun rays.
- Be stress-free: The root cause of several ailments is stress. Stress is also known to damage your hair. So, for that lustrous locks, you need to be stress-free. Take a deep breath and relax.
- Have a balanced diet for healthy hair: A balanced diet helps you in managing weight and in maintaining overall wellness. But did you know, a balanced diet also promotes the health of your hair? Well, a diet rich in proteins and which comprises of foods like fish, beans, eggs, avocados, berries, and spinach will give you healthy hair that is strong and shiny as well.
- Trim it: Trimming the hair regularly will ensure that your hair is healthy and will also prevent breakage.