Here are the top 10 longest words in English
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters): A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust. Sentence: He was diagnosed with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis after working in the mines for many years.
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters): The fear of long words. Sentence: Ironically, she suffered from hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia and could not even pronounce her own condition.
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters): A word meaning fantastic or wonderful, popularized by the movie Mary Poppins. Sentence: She felt supercalifragilisticexpialidocious after winning the lottery.
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters): The doctrine or political movement that opposes the withdrawal of state recognition or support from an established church. Sentence: He was a staunch supporter of antidisestablishmentarianism and opposed the separation of church and state.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters): The act or habit of estimating something as worthless. Sentence: She was hurt by his floccinaucinihilipilification of her efforts.
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters): A mild form of inherited pseudohypoparathyroidism that simulates the symptoms of the disorder but isn’t associated with abnormal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood. Sentence: He inherited pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism from his mother and had to take medication for it.
- Sesquipedalianism (16 letters): The tendency to use long words or complex terms in speech or writing. Sentence: His sesquipedalianism made him sound pompous and pretentious.
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters): The state of being able to achieve honours. Sentence: He was praised for his honorificabilitudinitatibus and received many awards.
- Electroencephalographically (27 letters): In a manner relating to electroencephalography, a method of recording electrical activity in the brain. Sentence: The patient was monitored electroencephalographically during the surgery.
- Otorhinolaryngological (22 letters): Relating to the branch of medicine that deals with the ear, nose, and throat. Sentence: She visited an otorhinolaryngological specialist for her sinus infection.