Here are 15 things you must know about Kim Min-Jae, the soccer player:
- He was born on 15 November 1996 in Tongyeong, South Korea.
- He is a centre-back who plays for Serie A club Napoli and the South Korea national team.
- He joined Napoli on 27 July 2022 for a fee of €18.05 million from Fenerbahçe.
- His contract with Napoli includes an exit clause of 45 million euros, which will apply exclusively to foreign clubs from summer 2024 on.
- He wears jersey number 3 for Napoli and has scored two goals in 35 appearances so far.
- He made his professional debut with Gyeongju KHNP in the Korea National League in 2016.
- He moved to Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors in 2017 and won the K League 1 title twice with them.
- He transferred to Beijing Guoan in 2019 and played 45 games for them in the Chinese Super League.
- He signed for Fenerbahçe in 2021 and helped them finish second in the Süper Lig.
- He made his international debut for South Korea on 31 August 2017 against Iran.
- He has earned 49 caps and scored three goals for his country as of March 2023.
- He was part of the South Korean team that won the gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games, which exempted him from mandatory military service.
- He also won the EAFF Championship with South Korea in 2019.
- He was named the K League Rookie of the Year in 2017 and the K League Team of the Year in 2018.
- He used to play as a centre forward when he was in elementary school.
Is Kim Min-Jae Going To Manchester United?
According to the news reports, Kim Min-jae is very close to joining Manchester United this summer. The Napoli defender has a release clause of 45 million euros that will be activated in July and United are in contact with his agents. However, Kim Min-jae has some doubts about the move and Napoli would prefer a cash deal rather than a swap with Victor Lindelof. Manchester United are looking for a new centre-back to partner Raphael Varane and see Kim Min-jae as their main target.