Greek yoghurt has gained tons of popularity all across the globe. Its popularity is attributed to its rich and creamy texture. Apart from its rich taste, it is also packed with protein and vitamins, which makes it a great addition to your diet. And, being a probiotic, Greek yoghurt will give a boost to your immunity.
Be it having it plain or using it as an ingredient, Greek yoghurt is surely something that you should have in your pantry. Here we present 15 fabulous ideas of using Greek yoghurt:
- Fruit salad: To make your normal fruit salad taste better, top it up with a scoop or two of Greek yoghurt.
- Frozen yoghurt: Frozen Greek yoghurt is a popular dessert. Actually, it is a healthier version of ice cream due to the high nutrient content and lesser sugar content of Greek yoghurt.
- Fried chicken: Use Greek yoghurt as a marinade for fried chicken to make it more juicy and tender. The creaminess of the yoghurt will add on to the taste of fried chicken. Season with herbs and your American style fried chicken is ready!
- Chia Quinoa muffins: Bake healthier version of muffins with chia seeds, quinoa and Greek yoghurt. Packed with nutrients and fibre, these muffins will also give a delightful experience to your taste buds.
- Fruit loaf with yoghurt: Just like muffins, you can also bake cakes to accompany your cup of tea. Add loads of fruits and not to forget Greek yoghurt, for most and super soft fruit loaves.
- Roasted chicken with Indian spices: Marinate chicken with Greek yoghurt and tandoori chicken spices for super juicy and flavorful roasted chicken. Mix Greek yoghurt with mint and black pepper for a creamy dip to accompany your tandoori chicken.
- Stroganoff: Stroganoff is made using vegetables, chicken and cream. This Russian delight can be made even richer in taste yet lighter with Greek yoghurt.
- Cool yoghurt dip: Accompany your spicy curries with a cool yoghurt dip made using Greek yoghurt and vegetables like carrots, cucumber, tomato, onion and herbs like cilantro and black pepper.
- Quesadillas: For your busy weekdays, make Quesadillas with Greek yoghurt and enjoy your healthy dinner.
- Panna Cotta: Make panna cotta more healthy by mixing Greek yoghurt, white chocolate, cream and vanilla for an amazing dessert.
- Yoghurt sandwich: Replace your high-calorie mayonnaise or cheese with creamy Greek yoghurt for a healthy sandwich. Add grated carrots, capsicum and spice it with black pepper and your delicious yoghurt sandwich is ready.
- Egg salad: Make your egg salad more healthy with Greek yoghurt.
- Chocolate chip yoghurt dip: Satiate your cravings for chocolate with a chocolate chip Greek yoghurt dip.
- Ranch dressing: Make a healthier version of ranch dressing with Greek yoghurt.
- Yoghurt popsicles: Freeze your Greek yoghurt along with fruits and nuts to enjoy during the hot summer days.