If you are looking to boost your immunity, rather than popping a pill, do it naturally. Yes, you can give a boost to your immunity naturally by including some immunity booster foods in your diet.
Read on to know more about the super immunity boosters, which will also promote your overall well-being:
- Citrus fruits: Citric fruits like oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and lime are packed with vitamin C, which is known to give a boost to immunity. This is because vitamin C increases the production of white blood cells which is instrumental in fighting infections.
- Carrots: A good source of antioxidants, carrots also contain vitamin A, beta carotene, and fiber. And, the nutrients in carrot aids in promoting eye health as well as immunity and cell development.
- Red bell peppers: Red bell pepper contains a lot of vitamin C along with beta carotene. So, along with boosting the immune system, red bell peppers will also give you healthy skin.
- Ginger: Ginger is also an immunity booster that is known to be effective in curing sore throat, aid in digestion, and also treat nausea.
- Garlic: Garlic is loaded with sulfur-rich compounds which makes it a super immune booster. A part of almost every cuisine, garlic adds flavor to food and is known for its infection-fighting ability.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is packed with a lot of vitamins like A, C, E along with antioxidants and fiber, which makes it a superfood. It is one of the most healthy vegetables and its nutrient content will enhance your immunity.
- Spinach: Loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, and beta carotene, spinach is another superfood, which will give a boost to your immunity by increasing the infection-fighting ability.
- Chicken: It is an ideal source for vitamin B-6, which aids in the development of healthy red blood cells. Chicken is also known to be an immunity booster.
- Almond: The fat-soluble vitamin E in almonds is a powerful antioxidant, which is instrumental in enhancing your immunity. It also contains healthy fats, which ensures that the vitamin is properly absorbed by the body.
- Green tea: Packed with flavonoids and epigallocatechin gallate, green tea acts as an immune booster. Additionally, the amino acid L-theanine in green tea aids in enhancing your germ-fighting ability.
- Kiwi: Kiwi contains a lot of nutrients like vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and folate. Its vitamin C content acts as an immune booster.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is known to contain anti-inflammatory properties. Its high concentration of curcumin which gives it the distinct yellow color aids in repairing damage to the muscle due to exercise and it also helps to boost your immunity.
- Papaya: Papaya is packed with vitamin C, which will enhance your immunity. The other nutrients in this fruit include magnesium, folate, potassium and its papain content is known to reduce inflammation.
- Yogurt: the live and active cultures in yogurt stimulates the immune system and together with vitamin D, it enhances the body’s natural ability in fighting diseases.