Florida is a diverse state with a wide range of attractions and activities. Here are ten suggestions:
- Walt Disney World, Orlando: Arguably the most famous attraction in Florida, Walt Disney World is a must-visit. It has four main parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Each park offers unique attractions, shows, and dining options.
- Universal Studios, Orlando: This theme park is known for its thrilling rides based on popular movies and TV shows. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a standout feature, where you can ride the Hogwarts Express or try a Butterbeer.
- The Florida Keys: This chain of tropical islands is known for its breathtaking beaches, excellent fishing, and scuba diving opportunities. Don’t forget to visit Key West for its lively nightlife and historic sites like the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum.
- Everglades National Park: This massive park is home to many unique species of animals and plants. You can go on a guided boat tour, kayak through mangrove forests, or take a walk on the Anhinga Trail to spot alligators, birds, and other wildlife.
- Miami Beach and the Art Deco Historic District: Miami Beach is known for its vibrant nightlife, beautiful beaches, and the Art Deco Historic District with its colorful architecture.
- Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral: This is an incredible place to learn about space exploration. You can see real-life space shuttles, meet astronauts, and even watch rocket launches.
- St. Augustine: The oldest city in the U.S., St. Augustine is filled with historic sites like the Castillo de San Marcos and the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving in the Florida Reef: The Florida Reef is the third largest coral barrier reef system in the world. It’s a fantastic place to explore underwater life.
- Busch Gardens, Tampa: This African-themed park combines thrilling rides with a variety of exotic animals, creating an unique blend of roller coaster excitement and zoo exploration.
- Explore the Gulf Coast Beaches: The Gulf Coast of Florida has some of the best beaches in the United States. Destinations like Clearwater Beach and Siesta Key are known for their soft, white sands and warm, calm waters.