Eggs are an excellent source of protein. This superfood is loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and essential fatty acids, which will ensure that your diet is a balanced one. It is also a food item that is loved by all and is mostly a part of a hearty breakfast.
Here we present the top 11 health benefits of having eggs:
- Great source of protein: Eggs are a great source of protein. A single egg can provide about 6 gms of protein. A diet rich in protein will help you to add muscle mass, lose weight, regulate blood pressure, and also enhance bone health. Additionally, eggs are also rich in amino acids which ensures that the protein from the eggs is absorbed appropriately in the body.
- Boost to the immune system: Eggs will give a boost to your immune system and prevent you from getting infections easily. Moreover, it also regulates thyroid hormones.
- Loaded with good cholesterol: Eggs are high in cholesterol, but since it is rich in good cholesterol, or high-density lipoprotein (HDL), it actually does not harm you. Moreover, cholesterol in the diet does not impact the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases: Eggs convert the small and riskier LDL particles to large LDL particles, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Improve the functioning of the brain: Eggs contain the nutrient choline, which is often categorized under the B vitamins. This component builds the cell membranes and enhances the production of signaling molecules, thereby improving the functioning of the brain.
- Healthy teeth and bones: Since eggs are a natural source of Vitamin D, it is beneficial for strengthening the bones and teeth.
- Improves hair and skin: Eggs are loaded with B-complex vitamins, like B2, B5, and B12, which play an important role in the healthy condition and appearance of your skin, and hair.
- Better vision: The antioxidants, lutein, and zeaxanthin, in egg yolk, protects the eyes and promote eye health. These antioxidants significantly decrease the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts, which are responsible for blindness and vision impairment in the case of older people.
- Weight management: Eggs will help you to lose those extra pounds. This is due to the fact that eggs help you feel full for longer and cuts down on your cravings for mid-meal snacks.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Eggs are rich in amino acids, which promotes mental health. The deficiency of these amino acids can cause stress or anxiety.
- Source of energy: Eggs are a good source of vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 or riboflavin, is part of the eight B-group vitamins which promote energy production, by converting the consumed food into fuel.