Here are 10 controversial quotes from Will Ferrell
- “Whenever someone calls me ugly I get super sad and hug them, because I know how tough life is for the visually impaired.” This quote is controversial because it implies that people who are visually impaired cannot judge beauty and that they are pitiful. It also makes fun of the speaker’s own appearance and self-esteem.
- “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.” This quote is controversial because it suggests that people’s true personalities are revealed when they are frustrated by technology and that this is a good test for compatibility. It also implies that people who are patient and calm with slow Internet are not genuine or trustworthy.
- “We all know the moon isn’t made out of green cheese…but if it was made out of barbeque spare ribs would you eat it?” This quote is controversial because it questions the common sense and logic of people who believe in absurd myths and also challenges their dietary preferences. It also mocks the idea of eating the moon, which is a symbol of romance and mystery.
- “If you ain’t first, you’re last!” This quote is controversial because it promotes a competitive and ruthless mindset that disregards the value of effort and improvement. It also implies that there is no room for cooperation or compromise in life and that winning is the only thing that matters.
- “Alcohol is like Photoshop for real life” This quote is controversial because it compares alcohol to a software that alters images and creates unrealistic expectations. It also implies that alcohol can make people more attractive, confident, or happy, which can be seen as an endorsement of drinking or a denial of its negative effects.
- “No matter how much you screw up your life, you can fix it.” This quote is controversial because it contradicts the idea that some mistakes are irreversible or have lasting consequences. It also suggests that people can easily change their ways and redeem themselves, which can be seen as naive or irresponsible.
- “If no-one comes from the future to stop doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?” This quote is controversial because it relies on a hypothetical scenario that involves time travel and paradoxes. It also ignores the possibility that some decisions can have unforeseen or delayed outcomes that cannot be prevented by future interventions.
- “Aren’t we all striving to be overpaid for what we do?” This quote is controversial because it reflects a greedy and selfish attitude that values money over work ethic or quality. It also implies that people are not satisfied with their current income or status and that they want more than they deserve.
- “Grief is nature’s most powerful aphrodisiac.” This quote is controversial because it associates grief with sexual desire and suggests that people who are mourning are more likely to engage in romantic or erotic activities. It also trivializes the pain and loss that grief entails and makes light of a serious emotion.
- “Members of the Senate and House, if they want to send troops into war, should be forced to send a family member.” This quote is controversial because it criticizes the political leaders who make decisions about war and military intervention without considering the human cost or sacrifice. It also proposes a radical and unrealistic solution that would violate the rights and freedoms of the family members involved.