Here are 10 quotes from Seann William Scott
- I’m never afraid to try something if I think it’s funny. And I know I’ll regret it if I don’t. This quote shows Scott’s willingness to take risks and experiment with his comedy. He believes that humor is worth pursuing, even if it might fail or offend some people. He also values living without regrets and following his instincts.
- I don’t want to be known as a jerk forever. This quote reveals Scott’s desire to break away from his typecast as a jerk or a bully in his movies. He wants to show more range and depth as an actor, and not be limited by his previous roles. He also implies that he is not a jerk in real life, and that he hopes people can see beyond his characters.
- I grew up in Minnesota and everyone is so nice there. It is like Fargo. Everyone’s so chipper and you make friends just grocery shopping. We kill each other with kindness. This quote reflects Scott’s fondness for his hometown and its culture. He contrasts the friendly and polite atmosphere of Minnesota with the more cynical and competitive environment of Hollywood. He also uses a humorous exaggeration to describe how nice people are in Minnesota, implying that they are almost too nice for their own good.
- Everyone should walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I did it three days in a row because it was one of the most exhilarating experiences I’ve ever had. The view is breathtaking. This quote expresses Scott’s enthusiasm for exploring new places and enjoying the beauty of nature. He recommends walking across the Brooklyn Bridge as a way to experience the city from a different perspective and to appreciate its scenery. He also shows his adventurous and energetic personality by doing it three times in a row.
- I don’t know anything about this engagement stuff. I never thought I was going to get engaged. This quote demonstrates Scott’s honesty and humility about his personal life. He admits that he is not an expert on relationships or marriage, and that he was surprised by his own engagement. He also suggests that he is not a romantic or a planner, but rather someone who goes with the flow and embraces the unexpected.
- I’m a big people-watcher. I love it. But I feel bad about it, because I always get caught! This quote reveals Scott’s curiosity and interest in human behavior. He enjoys observing other people and their interactions, but he also feels guilty about it, because he thinks it might be rude or creepy. He also confesses that he is not very discreet or stealthy when he does it, and that he often gets noticed by the people he watches.
- I’ve been doing comedies but I’m not a comedian. This quote indicates Scott’s modesty and self-awareness about his career. He acknowledges that he has been successful in comedy movies, but he does not consider himself a comedian, meaning someone who writes or performs stand-up comedy or sketches. He also implies that he respects comedians and their craft, and that he does not want to claim their title without earning it.
- There are certain filmmakers I’d like to work with that I don’t think would take a risk with me, because I could be distracting in their film. It’ll take a couple films to prove to them that it’s worth the risk. This quote shows Scott’s ambition and determination to work with more acclaimed and diverse directors. He recognizes that some filmmakers might be reluctant to cast him, because he might be too recognizable or associated with his previous roles. He also expresses his confidence and optimism that he can prove himself and convince them that he can deliver a good performance.
- I always think everything has been the best part of my life This quote illustrates Scott’s positive and grateful attitude towards life. He believes that everything he has done or experienced has been valuable and enjoyable, and that he does not have any regrets or complaints. He also suggests that he lives in the present and does not compare himself to others or dwell on the past or the future.
- I live right next to a grocery store and I don’t know if it’s the bachelor in me, but I just go in and shop for what I need for the day. I’m an idiot because I don’t shop for the whole week This quote displays Scott’s humor and self-deprecation about his lifestyle choices. He admits that he is not very organized or efficient when it comes to grocery shopping, and that he blames it on his bachelor status. He also calls himself an idiot for not planning ahead or buying in bulk, implying that he knows better but does not change his habits.