Owen Wilson is an American actor, producer, screenwriter and voice actor. He is known for his roles in comedy films and his collaborations with director Wes Anderson. Here are some basic facts about him:
- Name: Owen Cunningham Wilson
- Born: November 18, 1968 in Dallas, Texas, U.S.
- Parents: Laura Wilson (mother), a photographer; Robert Andrew Wilson (father), an advertising executive and operator of a public television station
- Siblings: Andrew Wilson (brother), an actor; Luke Wilson (brother), an actor
- Children: 3
- Education: Attended New Mexico Military Institute, Thomas Jefferson School and University of Texas at Austin (no degree)
- Occupations: Actor, producer, screenwriter, voice actor
- Years active: 1994–present
- Awards: Nominated for an Academy Award and a BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums (2001); nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for Midnight in Paris (2011); won an Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male for Inherent Vice (2014); among others
- Some of his notable films: Bottle Rocket (1996), Rushmore (1998), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Zoolander (2001), Shanghai Noon (2000), Shanghai Knights (2003), Starsky & Hutch (2004), Wedding Crashers (2005), Cars (2006), Marley & Me (2008), Midnight in Paris (2011), The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014), Zoolander 2 (2016), Cars 3 (2017), Wonder (2017), The French Dispatch (2021)
- Some of his notable TV shows: Loki (2021–present)
Controversial Quotes From Owen Wilson
1. “You know you’re in love when you wear condoms while having sex with other women.
This quote is from an interview with Owen Wilson where he was asked about his views on love and relationships. He gave this sarcastic answer that implies that he is not faithful or committed to his partner. This quote could be seen as controversial because it shows a lack of respect for women and a disregard for the risks of sexually transmitted diseases.
2. “You can’t get too attached to any one shampoo. And conditioner, also.”
This quote is from another interview with Owen Wilson where he was asked about his grooming habits and preferences. He gave this humorous answer that suggests that he does not care much about his appearance or hygiene. This quote could be seen as controversial because it contradicts the image of a Hollywood star who is supposed to look good and smell nice.
3. “I think of myself as a doom person. I’m a worrier. But I like the idea of being an optimist. Maybe I’m the kind of optimist who deep down knows it’s not going to work.”
This quote is from a biography of Owen Wilson where he was describing his personality and outlook on life. He gave this honest answer that reveals his inner struggles and doubts. This quote could be seen as controversial because it exposes his vulnerability and pessimism, which are not very attractive or inspiring traits for a celebrity.
4. “If someone doesn’t want me, I’m not going to hang around and win them over.”
This quote is from a magazine article where Owen Wilson was talking about his dating experiences and philosophy. He gave this confident answer that shows his self-esteem and independence. This quote could be seen as controversial because it challenges the conventional wisdom of pursuing someone who is hard to get or playing hard to get yourself.
5. “True love is your souls recognition of its counterpoint in another.”
This quote is from the movie Wedding Crashers where Owen Wilson played John Beckwith, a womanizer who falls in love with Claire Cleary, played by Rachel McAdams. He gave this romantic line that expresses his feelings for her and his belief in soulmates. This quote could be seen as controversial because it contradicts his previous behavior and reputation as a player who does not believe in true love.
6. “It’s not enough just to be real; you have to try to make it interesting or entertaining.”
This quote is from another interview with Owen Wilson where he was asked about his approach to acting and comedy. He gave this pragmatic answer that reflects his style and philosophy. This quote could be seen as controversial because it implies that being real is not enough or valuable, and that one has to manipulate or embellish reality to make it appealing.
7. “Being in a bathtub with Jackie Chan, I don’t know, it has a way of bonding you I’ll tell you that. I don’t know if there are some weird undertones. It was like we had met in Los Angeles and we didn’t have that much to say to each other but, after that bathtub scene, we were great friends.”
This quote is from a biography of Owen Wilson where he was recounting his experience of filming Shanghai Noon with Jackie Chan, where they had a scene in a bathtub together. He gave this humorous and candid answer that shows his friendship and chemistry with Jackie Chan. This quote could be seen as controversial because it suggests some homoerotic or racial undertones in their relationship.
8. “You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.”
This quote is from the movie Wedding Crashers where Owen Wilson played John Beckwith, a womanizer who falls in love with Claire Cleary, played by Rachel McAdams. He gave this philosophical line that questions the human potential and capacity for love. This quote could be seen as controversial because it challenges the scientific fact of brain usage and the common notion of heart as a metaphor for emotion.
9. “You know, I sometimes think, how is anyone ever gonna come up with a book, or a painting, or a symphony, or a sculpture that can compete with a great city. You can’t. Because you look around and every street, every boulevard, is its own special art form and when you think that in the cold, violent, meaningless universe that Paris exists, these lights. I mean come on, there’s nothing happening on Jupiter or Neptune, but from way out in space you can see these lights, the cafés, people drinking and singing. For all we know, Paris is the hottest spot in the universe.”
This quote is from the movie Midnight in Paris where Owen Wilson played Gil Pender, a screenwriter who travels back in time to meet his literary idols in Paris. He gave this poetic and passionate speech that expresses his admiration and fascination for the city of Paris and its culture. This quote could be seen as controversial because it compares human art and civilization with the natural wonders of the universe and claims the superiority of Paris over other planets.
10. “I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I’m selling? No. Do I know what I’m doing today? No. But I’m here, and I’m gonna give it my best shot.”
This quote is from the movie Zoolander where Owen Wilson played Hansel McDonald, a rival model of Derek Zoolander, played by Ben Stiller. He gave this confident and carefree statement that shows his attitude and personality as a model. This quote could be seen as controversial because it reveals his ignorance and indifference about his profession and his product.