Here are some controversial quotes from Dwayne Johnson
- “When you walk up to opportunities door, don’t knock it… Kick that B*tch in, smile and introduce yourself.” This quote is controversial because it uses profanity and violence to express a confident attitude towards seizing opportunities. Some people might find it offensive or disrespectful, while others might find it inspiring or humorous.
- “Check your ego at the door. The ego can be the great success inhibitor. It can kill opportunities, and it can kill success.” This quote is controversial because it challenges the notion that having a big ego is a good thing for achieving success. Some people might agree with Johnson that ego can be a hindrance, while others might argue that ego is a necessary drive or motivation.
- “I would never win an award for not loving pizza.” This quote is controversial because it implies that Johnson loves pizza so much that he would never give it up, even for an award. Some people might find this relatable or funny, while others might find it irresponsible or unhealthy.
- “For ‘Hercules,’ I went for the demigod look: big and mean. When you’re playing a character like the son of Zeus, you only get one shot.” This quote is controversial because it reveals Johnson’s approach to preparing for his role as Hercules in the 2014 film. Some people might admire his dedication and transformation, while others might criticize his vanity or arrogance.
- “I want to be a man who is truthful and who won’t let pride get in the way of my ripping myself open to my partner and saying, ‘Here I am. This is me.’ I feel there’s something powerful when a man reaches a point in his life when he can be completely vulnerable.” This quote is controversial because it expresses Johnson’s view on masculinity and relationships. Some people might appreciate his honesty and openness, while others might question his sincerity or masculinity.
- “The one thing that I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know nothing. I mean, that’s my life lesson.”2 This quote is controversial because it uses a double negative to convey a humble message. Some people might interpret it as a sign of wisdom or humility, while others might see it as a grammatical error or a lack of confidence.
- “Oh, I can keep many secrets, so I would be a phenomenal secret agent. I love secrets.” This quote is controversial because it suggests that Johnson has a lot of secrets and that he enjoys keeping them. Some people might find this intriguing or mysterious, while others might find this suspicious or dishonest.
- “It is no surprise that animation is Hollywood’s most successful and innovative genre.” This quote is controversial because it makes a bold claim about the film industry and its genres. Some people might agree with Johnson that animation is superior or creative, while others might disagree and prefer other genres or styles.
- “I’ve learned never to say never.”2 This quote is controversial because it contradicts itself by using the word never twice. Some people might understand it as a way of expressing openness or flexibility, while others might see it as illogical or confusing.
- “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” This quote is controversial because it draws a distinction between us and them, implying superiority or competition. Some people might find this motivational or empowering, while others might find this divisive or arrogant.