A healthy diet is not devoid of fats as it is the fats that help in the proper functioning of the body. A balanced diet includes good fats, which aids in the absorption of nutrients on your body, supports cell growth, gives a boost to your energy level and also enhances the production of hormones. Oils are a good source of fats and you can include them in your diet for balancing it out.
However, the catch is in choosing the right oil. The right oil will not just be a source of good fats but will also help you to manage your weight by enhancing your metabolism and will help you to be fitter. So, here we present 5 healthy oils that you must include in your healthy diet.
- Olive oil: Healthy experts swear by the extra-virgin olive oil due to its robust taste and its heart-friendly monounsaturated fat content. This healthy oil is also rich in antioxidants like polyphenols which helps in fighting cancer. Olive oil has a low smoking point, which makes it less suitable for deep frying but when it comes to dressing for salads or pasta, it will add an exotic taste. An essential element of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil should be a part of your healthy diet too.
- Canola oil: Canola oil has a low saturated fat content, which earns it a place amongst the healthy oils and you can include it in your diet. The neutral taste coupled with the high smoke point makes it the perfect oil for deep frying. You can also use it for roasting or baking your favorite dishes.
- Peanut oil: The high monounsaturated and the low saturated fat content makes peanut oil a healthy oil which you should include in your diet. Peanut oil is high in flavor and will add a peanut flavor to your dish. This healthy oil is known to reduce appetite, which helps to manage weight for the diet-conscious population. The high smoke point makes it suitable for frying as well as sautéing.
- Avocado oil: Loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats, potassium and vitamin E and B, avocado oil is indeed a healthy oil that you should include in your diet. Avocado oil will be your best choice if you are looking to lose weight as it curbs your desire to eat. It is also known to improve cholesterol. The high smoke point makes it suitable for frying too.
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil is high in antioxidants and its anti-inflammatory property makes it a healthy oil that you should include in your diet. Like peanut oil, sesame oil is also high in flavor. And like extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil is also cold-pressed, so it has a lower smoke point, which makes it suitable for sautéing and not frying. Additionally, very little quantity is required, which regulates the amount of oil that you use in your dish and makes your dish more healthy.