Here are 30 interesting facts about Mike Tyson:
1. Mike Tyson was born on June 30, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York .
2. Tyson was arrested 40 times before the age of 12 while growing up in Brooklyn.
3. He was often a soft target of bullying when he was small.
4. Tyson made his professional debut at the age of 18.
5. He became the youngest heavyweight champion in history at the age of 20.
6. Tyson won his first 19 professional fights by knockout or stoppage.
7. He was known for his aggressive fighting style and punching power.
8. Tyson was involved in several high-profile fights during his career, including bouts against Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.
9. He was also known for his controversial behavior outside the ring, including biting off part of Holyfield’s ear during a fight.
10. Tyson has been married three times and has eight children.
11. He has also struggled with drug addiction and legal issues throughout his life.
12. Tyson has appeared in several movies and TV shows, including “The Hangover” and “Entourage”.
13. He has also released a rap album called “The Original Gangster”.
14. Tyson is a big fan of pigeons and has raised them since he was a child.
15. He once owned three Bengal tigers as pets.
16. Tyson filed for bankruptcy in 2003 after earning over $300 million during his career.
17. He has since rebuilt his fortune through various business ventures.
18. Tyson is a vegan and has lost over 100 pounds since adopting the diet.
19. He is also an advocate for animal rights and has worked with PETA on several campaigns.
20. Tyson was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2011.
21. He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression .
22. Tyson once broke both his hands during a fight against Kevin McBride in 2005.
23. He has been sober since 2013 after struggling with addiction for many years.
24. Tyson is a big fan of marijuana and has started his own cannabis company called “Tyson Ranch”.
25. He is also an avid collector of sports memorabilia and owns several rare items, including a baseball signed by Babe Ruth and a rare Honus Wagner baseball card.
26. Tyson is a Muslim and converted to Islam while serving time in prison in the early 1990s .
27. He served three years in prison after being convicted of rape in 1992.
28. Tyson once owned a mansion that had its own nightclub called “Club TKO”.
29. He has been featured in several video games, including “Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!” and “Fight Night Round 4”.
30. In addition to boxing, Tyson has also worked as an actor, author, and motivational speaker.
What was some of Mike Tyson’s most famous fights?
Mike Tyson is one of the most famous boxers in history and has had many memorable fights throughout his career. Here are some of his most famous fights:
1. Tyson vs. Buster Douglas: This fight took place on February 11, 1990, in Tokyo, Japan. Douglas was considered an underdog, but he managed to knock out Tyson in the tenth round .
2. Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II: This fight took place on June 28, 1997, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Holyfield won the fight by disqualification after Tyson bit off a piece of his ear .
3. Tyson vs. Michael Spinks: This fight took place on June 27, 1988, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Tyson knocked out Spinks in just 91 seconds .
4. Tyson vs. Trevor Berbick: This fight took place on November 22, 1986, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tyson won the WBC heavyweight title by knocking out Berbick in the second round .
5. Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley: This fight took place on August 19, 1995, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tyson won the fight by technical knockout after McNeeley’s manager stopped the fight in the first round.
What is Mike Tyson Doing Now?
Mike Tyson is no longer an active boxer, but he has been involved in various activities since his retirement. He is currently involved in the cannabis industry and owns his own marijuana company. He is also the host of the popular podcast “Hotboxin'” .
In November 2020, Tyson came out of retirement for an exhibition boxing match with Roy Jones Jr. The bout was ruled a draw.
What is Mike Tyson’s net worth?
According to Celebritynetworth.com Mike Tyson’s net worth is $10 million as of 2022.
What was Mike Tyson’s workout routine?
Mike Tyson’s workout routine is known for being intense and grueling. He would work out 10 times a day, six times a week. His routine would include:
– 2000 sit-ups
– 500-800 dips
– 500 press-ups
– 500 shrugs with a 30kg barbell
– Around 10 minutes of neck rolls on a folded towel
He would also do 200 decline sit-ups, 50 bench dips, 50 push-ups and 50 shrugs. For the shrugs, he used the best dumbbells.
According to another source, his routine consisted of 500 bench dips, 500 pushups, 500 weighted shrugs at 66 pounds, 1,000 situps, and 1,000 air squats. He would approach this using one of two methods: broken down into either five large or ten smaller sets throughout the day.
In addition to his calisthenics routine, Tyson would also run three to five miles every day and do some cardio and boxing in the ring.
Mike Tyson’s Upbringing
Mike Tyson was born on June 30, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in a poor and crime-ridden neighborhood where he was bullied and became involved in street robberies and burglaries with a gang called the Jolly Stompers. His father left the family when he was two years old. He was brought up mainly by his mother Lorna and was given her married name of Tyson rather than Kirkpatrick, the name of his birth father. His father Jimmy Kirkpatrick is said to have fathered 16 children and Mike was only two when Kirkpatrick moved on leaving Lorna to do most of the parenting.
Tyson’s mother died when he was 16 years old. After her death, he was taken in by boxing trainer Cus D’Amato who became his legal guardian. D’Amato saw potential in Tyson and trained him to become a professional boxer.