Here are 15 weird laws in California
- It is illegal for autonomous vehicles to drive over 60 miles per hour. This means that self-driving cars have to follow the speed limit even if they are smarter than humans.
- It is illegal for women to drive vehicles while wearing a housecoat. This means that ladies have to change their clothes before getting behind the wheel or risk getting a ticket.
- It is illegal to pour salt on a highway in Hermosa Beach. This means that you can’t season your roadkill or melt the ice on the road with salt.
- It is prohibited to put anything other than cars in a garage in Long Beach. This means that you can’t store your bikes, tools, boxes, or anything else in your garage or you might get fined.
- In Los Angeles, it is illegal to wash your neighbor’s car if you have not gotten their permission. This means that you can’t surprise your neighbor with a nice gesture or a prank without asking them first.
- In Blythe, you are only permitted to wear cowboy boots if you own at least two cows. This means that you have to prove your cowboy credentials before rocking the boots or face the consequences.
- Between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., it is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs. This means that you have to find another way to transport your camel during rush hour or avoid the area altogether.
- Peacocks have the right of way in Arcadia, including in driveways and all roadways. This means that you have to yield to the colorful birds whenever they cross your path or risk hitting them.
- It is illegal to grow oleander in Norco. This means that you can’t plant this poisonous shrub in your garden or anywhere else in the city or you might get in trouble.
- Unless it is for amusement or drama, it is illegal for men and boys to dress as females in Walnut without a permit from the sheriff. This means that you have to get official approval before cross-dressing for any other reason than entertainment or art.
- In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course. This means that you have to keep your language clean while playing this fun game or risk getting kicked out.
- In Los Angeles, you cannot hunt moths under street lamps. This means that you can’t catch these nocturnal insects with a net or any other device near the lights or you might get arrested.
- In Fresno, visitors cannot bother lizards at city parks. This means that you can’t harass, annoy, or disturb these reptiles while enjoying the green spaces or you might get fined.
- Walking an elephant down Market Street in San Francisco is illegal unless the elephant is on a leash. This means that you have to restrain your pachyderm friend with a rope or a chain before taking it for a stroll on this busy street or you might get stopped by the police.
- In Berkeley, it is illegal to whistle for a lost canary before 7:00 A.M.. This means that you have to wait until after sunrise before calling for your missing pet bird or you might get a noise complaint.