Pimples are small inflammations develop when overactive sebaceous glands trap microscopic organisms, which leads to clogged pores. This results in swellings and can be accompanied by pus. The areas that are most prone to pimples include the face, back, the shoulders and also the chest areas.
On a fine morning, waking up with a red bumpy pimple on your face is nothing less than a nightmare. More often we end up using harsh chemicals on our skin which adversely affects our skin and mostly aggravates the pimple, rather than helping in curing it.
Getting rid of a pimple is pretty simple and can be done using simple ingredients that are mostly available at home. Remember that a proper cleansing routine needs to be followed along with the use of these 12 common remedies for pimples, that will remove the pimple without harming your skin.
- Steam: The primary reason for the development of a pimple is clogged pores. So, unclogging of the pores will help in preventing the occurring of pimples in the first place. And, what else can work better than stem to unclog the skin pores! Steam is also known to have amazing effects on our skin.
- Ice Cubes: When the pimple is in the initial stage and without pus, the ice cube is helpful as it helps in reducing the swelling.
- Lemon Juice: Lemons act as a germicide on our skin and removes the microscopic organisms that lead to the development of the pimple. Additionally, lime juice works as an astringent and removes the excess oil from our skin and helps to prevent an outbreak of pimple.
- Honey: A very common item that we find in our kitchen, honey acts like a disinfectant and aids in getting rid of microbes quickly and its soothing properties heals the affected area effectively.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is loaded with vitamins like vitamin A and C as well as potassium, which helps in soothing the skin and getting rid of pimples.
- Papaya: A common fruit, papaya contains papain, which is effective in reducing inflammation and pus. This fruit also helps to get remove dead skin and excess oil, which makes it not just a common remedy for pimples, but also for a clear and bright skin.
- Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial property, which helps in fighting acne and pimples.
- Basil leaves: The juice extracted from basil leaves is very effective in fighting pimples.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties, which prevents the microscopic organisms from building on and thereby prevents pimples or acne. It also has a soothing effect, which dries the pimple naturally.
- Baking Soda: Surprisingly, baking soda is said to work amazingly for pimples.
- Peppermint: Peppermint has a cooling effect and this property works wonder for pimples. It is effective in eliminating redness and irritation of the skin quickly.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is extremely good for reducing skin irritation and inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, the anti-bacterial property helps to reduce redness.