Here are some of the top wineries in the world to visit.
- Zuccardi Valle de Uco (Argentina): This family-run winery in the Uco Valley offers stunning views of the Andes mountains, precision-made high-altitude wines, and a modernist bodega with a seasonal restaurant.
- Bodega Garzón (Uruguay): This winery in the coastal province of Maldonado is a leader in sustainability, with a LEED-certified winery, organic vineyards, and renewable energy sources. It also has a 120-seat restaurant with Uruguayan cuisine and panoramic views.
- Domäne Wachau (Austria): This winery in the Wachau Valley is located in a historic Baroque castle overlooking the Danube River. It produces elegant and expressive wines from steep terraced vineyards that are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Montes (Chile): This winery in the Colchagua Valley is known for its premium wines, especially its iconic Montes Alpha M. It has a Feng Shui-inspired cellar, a hilltop chapel, and a scenic terrace for tastings.
- Robert Mondavi Winery (USA): This winery in Napa Valley is one of the most famous and influential in California. It offers a variety of tours and tastings, as well as cultural events, concerts, and art exhibitions.
- Bodegas de los Herederos del Marqués de Riscal (Spain): This winery in Rioja is one of the oldest and most respected in Spain. It combines tradition and innovation, with a Frank Gehry-designed hotel and a Michelin-starred restaurant on site.
- Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France): This winery in Bordeaux is a grand cru classé that produces elegant and complex wines. It also has a luxury hotel and spa, as well as an art park with sculptures and installations.
- Quinta do Crasto (Portugal): This winery in the Douro Valley is a family-owned estate that dates back to the 17th century. It makes fine wines and ports from old vines, and has a swimming pool and a guest house with stunning views of the river.
- Antinori nel Chianti Classico (Italy): This winery in Tuscany is a masterpiece of architecture and design, blending seamlessly with the landscape. It showcases the history and innovation of the Antinori family, who have been making wine for over 600 years.
- Rippon (New Zealand): This winery in Wanaka is one of the most scenic in the world, with breathtaking views of Lake Wanaka and the Southern Alps. It produces biodynamic wines from some of the oldest vines in Central Otago.