Here are 30 interesting facts about Lee Kang-in:
- He was born on 19 February 2001 in Incheon, South Korea.
- He plays as an attacking midfielder for La Liga club Mallorca and the South Korea national team.
- He joined Valencia’s academy in July 2011 when he was 10 years old.
- He made his professional debut for Valencia B on 21 December 2017, becoming the youngest Korean footballer to debut professionally in Europe .
- He made his first team debut for Valencia on 30 October 2018 in a Copa del Rey match against Ebro .
- He made his La Liga debut on 12 January 2019, becoming the second youngest player in the 2018–19 season and the youngest ever non-Spanish and the first Asian league debutant for Valencia .
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut on 17 September 2019, becoming the youngest ever Korean to debut in the competition at the age of 18 years and 6 months.
- He won the Copa del Rey with Valencia in the 2018–19 season.
- He transferred to Mallorca on 30 August 2021 on a free transfer.
- He wears the number 19 shirt for Mallorca.
- He has scored seven goals and provided nine assists for Mallorca in the 2022–23 season so far.
- He is the current international for South Korea with 12 caps and no goals.
- He made his senior debut for South Korea on 5 June 2019 in a friendly match against Iran.
- He was part of the South Korea U20 team that finished runner-up at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland.
- He won the Golden Ball award as the best player of the tournament at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- He also won the Asian Football Confederation’s Asian Young Footballer of the Year award in 2019.
- He also won the South Korean Young Footballer of the Year award in 2019.
- He was part of the South Korea U23 team that qualified for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
- He scored three goals and provided two assists for South Korea U23 at the Olympics, helping them reach the quarter-finals.
- He is known for his creativity, vision, technique, dribbling and passing skills.
- He is fluent in Spanish and Korean, and can also speak some English .
- He has a younger brother named Lee Kang-hyun, who is also a footballer and plays for Valencia’s youth team .
- His father Lee Seung-jin is a former footballer who played for Incheon United and coached Lee Kang-in since he was young .
- His mother Kim Mi-kyung is a housewife who supports Lee Kang-in’s career and takes care of his brother .
- His family moved to Spain with him when he joined Valencia’s academy, and they live together in Valencia .
Lee Kang-in Net Worth & Salary
According to some sources, Lee Kang-in’s net worth is estimated to be around €1 million as of 2022. His current market value is €22 million as of June 2023. His salary is believed to be in the range of €100K-€500K from his present team.