Detoxing the body is very essential to get rid of the harmful toxins that are formed. To cleanse the body from inside, food plays an integral role as does the work from within and helps to detox the internal organs like the kidney, liver, intestine and the results are evident on our skin, which becomes more radiant. Moreover, regular consumption of detoxifying foods will help in preventing the build-up of toxins too.
Fruits will help you to detox in the easiest way and will help you reap several health benefits too as it will provide the body with the required anti-oxidants, vitamins and nutrients
Read on to know more about the top 6 fruits that will detox your body and must be a part of your regular diet:
- Apple: Apple can be rightly categorized under the favorite and most popular fruits. It is packed with vitamins, fiber, and minerals. Apple is high in pectin, which helps to get rid of the toxins inside your body. Pectin is actually a type of fiber that cleanses the intestine. Also, it binds up with cholesterol after a heavy meal and helps to flush it out, thereby eliminating toxic buildup. The skin of this fruit is a rich source of vitamin C and fiber too. The maleic and tartaric acid in apple also aids in digestion.
- Blueberries: A superfood, blueberries are rich in vitamins and it also contains natural aspirin, antiviral properties, and antibiotics. The antibiotics prevent infections by blocking the bacteria in the urinary tracts. The antiviral properties block the toxins in the blood from crossing to the brain and from damaging the delicate brain. And, the natural aspirin helps in reducing pain and also minimizes the tissue-damaging effect of chronic inflammation.
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapples offer a host of health benefits as compared to the canned one. This is because fresh pineapples are packed with bromelain. Bromelain breaks down the protein to aid in digestion and also helps relieve arthritis by reducing inflammation. Pineapples also help in recovering from injuries faster.
- Papaya: Papaya is also a great fruit when consumed fresh. It is a great antioxidant due to its rich content of vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, and potassium. This aids in fighting normal cold and flu. Papaya contains the enzyme papain, which helps in digestion by breaking down the protein. It is also known to prevent lung and mouth cancer due to its high beta carotene content.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is a rich source of vitamin C and fiber. It is known to keep the heart healthy by regulating cholesterol levels.
- Lemon: Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C, an element essential for detoxifying the body. This is because, lemons help the body make the substance glutathione, which aids to detoxify the liver of harmful chemicals. In an empty stomach, consuming lemon juice added to warm water with a slice of ginger and some honey works wonderfully for detoxifying the body. Also, lemon juice added to plain water can be consumed on a daily basis for regular cleansing of the body.